- Assessment of myocardial viability.
- Differentiation of cardiomyopathy types.
- Characterization of cardiac masses.
- Hemodynamic assessment of congenital heart diseases (pre and post-operative).
- Vascular wall assessment.
- Quantification of iron deposition in myocardium, liver and pancreas.
- Valvular heart diseases.
Patients with ischemic heart diseases, congenital heart diseases, heart failure, vasculitis, thalassemia patients
- MRI incompatible pacemaker
- eGFR < 60 ml/ kg/ 1.73 m2 for contrast studies.
- Cochlear implants and LVAD
Stress cardiac MRI to detect the stress induced ischemia.
- Fasting 4-6 hours before the procedure
- Serum creatinine
- Stopping of hypertension and ischemic medications before stress studies for 48 hours
- The patient lays for about 45-60 minutes in the magnetic field.
- • Contrast materials may be injected.
Mohandesin, Heliopolice and Nasr city branches
It is advised to drink a plenty of fluids after contrast administration unless fluid balance is prescribed
Cardiac arrhythmias and hypertension in stress studies