- It help in diagnosis of tendon injuries.
- It helps in detection of stress fractures.
- It help in diagnosis of planter fasciitis.
- It help in detection of osteoarthritis.
- It help in diagnosis of tumors, their nature and assess the extensions.
- It helps to assess inflammatory conditions and detect is extensions.
Patients with complaints of pain, swelling or diabetic foot.
- Patients with mechanically/magnetically activated devices as cardiac pacemaker, cochlear implants.
- Patients with metallic foreign body in the eye.
- Pregnant women in the first trimester (benefits versus risk to be assessed).
- Patients with ferromagnetic surgical clips or prosthesis
IV contrast administration in neoplastic and inflammatory conditions.
Patient should be fasting 4-6 hrs before the exam in case of contrast enhanced study only.
- MRI can scan the foot in about 30-35 minutes while the patient is lying comfortably on MRI table.
- The examination is done on one of our highly advanced MRI machines available in our Cairo branches.
- No after care or precautions needed following non contrast enhanced study.
- In case of contrast enhanced study drinking plenty of water is advised to help to wash out the injected IV contrast material out of your body except if you are on fluid balance for renal or cardiac condition you may consult your physician and in case of lactating mothers it is advised to escape lactation for 24 hrs after the contrast injection