- An x-ray is a noninvasive medical test that helps physicians diagnose and treat medical conditions. Imaging with x-rays involves exposing a part of the Body to a small dose of ionizing radiation to produce pictures of the inside of the body. X-rays are the oldest and most frequently used form of medical imaging.
Any preparations needed?
- Most x-ray examinations require no special preparation
- You may be asked to remove some or all of your clothes during the exam.
- You may also be asked to remove jewelry, removable dental appliances, eye glasses and any metal objects or clothing that might interfere with the x-ray Images.
- Women should always inform their physician and x-ray technologist if there is any possibility that they are pregnant.